Service Desk Technician
- Newberry Group
- Owings Mills, MD
- August 8, 2019
- Save for later
Service Desk Professional answers incoming emails/calls, tracks all information and status in our ConnectWise Service Management System
Who We Are…
Today’s leading government agencies and public organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our cybersecurity offering is a direct reflection of our employee owners.
- We bring clients results through proven solutions.
- We are recognized experts in cybersecurity.
- We are motivated to create “Cyber strength from the inside out” with every employee and client.
- We bring ethical behavior, professional excellence, and uncompromised integrity to achieve client, individual, and corporate goals.
Newberry Group is a nationwide IT company providing government and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
The Service Desk Professional is the first point of contact for the users who call Newberry Group’s IT Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Professional answers incoming emails/calls, tracks all information and status in our ConnectWise Service Management System, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve Tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. Troubleshoots basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provides basic desktop support. The Service Desk Professional escalates unresolved problems/issues/requests to the Engineering Support Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. - Being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Become familiar with each client and their software, hardware, and environments that we support.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment within client environments.
- Accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software.
- Follow established Newberry Service Desk policies and services.
- Become familiar with Newberry Managed Service offerings.
- Support for computer hardware and any authorized desktop software.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network.
- Recognize the need to escalate the issue/problem to proper Newberry or Vendor Engineering Support Team members when resolution is beyond your ability or availability.
- Identifies client issue trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems, and support requests.
- Prioritize and schedule problems.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to Service Desk requests.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Receive and log work requests using IT solutions provider tools and applications, such as ConnectWise Manage, Automate & Control.
- Timely and accurate documentation and close-out of work requests detailing key information as required per Service Desk practices and procedures (i.e. who, what, when, where, how, actions taken, follow-up, etc.).
- Address queries by following departmental procedures for fault resolution.
- Take ownership and responsibility of an issue from start through to a successful resolution.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years demonstrated experience in Information Technology/PC/network support environment which includes monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent skills providing the above support over the phone
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; excellent phone skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to think through problems and come up with creative solutions through analyzing, researching, and planning techniques.
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
- Work on a team in a positive, collaborative approach.
- Ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
- Time Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Proficient in English language skills.
Salary: $16 to $20/hr DOE
This is a telecommute position and the employee's location is flexible. Ideal location would be near St. Peters, MO or Owings Mills, MD.
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to competitive wages, Newberry Group offers an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), flexible and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, tuition and training reimbursement, employee assistance program, and a generous rewards based wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Newberry Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.