The Project Coordinator will act as a supporting role to assist the Program/Project Manager with the successful execution and delivery of projects for our USDA client.
Who We Are…
Today’s leading government agencies and public organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our employees is a direct reflection of our cybersecurity strength.
- We bring clients results through proven solutions.
- We are recognized experts in cybersecurity.
- We are motivated to create “Cyber strength from the inside out” with every employee and client.
- We bring ethical behavior, professional excellence, and uncompromised integrity to achieve client, individual, and corporate goals.
Newberry Group is a nationwide IT company providing government and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
- The Project Coordinator will act as a supporting role to assist the Program/Project Manager with the successful execution and delivery of projects for our USDA client. This involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. This role takes assignments directly from the large initiative Project Manager and reports directly to the Newberry Technical Program Manager for USDA. The position is integral to our success at USDA and providing our client with the most organized and professional team members to meet their expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems.
- Develops and publishes communications to project shareholders.
- Assists with administrative preparation for various meetings.
- Develops and maintains accurate and complete files for projects and programs; continues to monitor for integrity and completeness with version control.
- Conduct quality management and quality control activities.
- Identify and raise issues and risks with recommended action to resolve.
- Report project status accurately, transparently, and in a timely manner.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred degree in Project Management, Business Management, Accounting, Engineering, or Information Systems.
- 2-4 years project experience in coordination or project management.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Skype, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of PM standards.
- Strong written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize multiple sub-projects of various sizes with fast paced schedules.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in tight deadline situations.
- Capable of working virtually with virtual workforce in multiple time zones.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Certified Associate Project Management Professional (CAPM) certification with PMI.
- Experience working with a wide range of projects as a project coordinator; experience as junior project manager on a small to medium project preferred.
- Competent in Conflict Management, Problem Solving and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Benefits and Perks
In addition to competitive wages, we offer an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Flexible and Dependent Care Savings Accounts, tuition and training reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous rewards based Wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Newberry Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.