Part Time Donor Assistant at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is the world's first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 45,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30 clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
A Donor Assistant is responsible for performing sample acceptance procedures and acting as the primary point of contact for stool donors, helping guide them through sample drop-off and health checks. The Donor Assistant will also provide clerical support, logistical assistance, and other related duties. Hours of operation at the facility are 6:15am – 7:30pm Monday - Thursday
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
- Greeting and assisting donors when they come to our location for sample drop-off or health checks
- Properly adhering to sample acceptance Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform clerical work such as scanning, printing, and filing
- Protect personal and private donor information
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must attend trainings for job related activities
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED OR currently enrolled in an academic program
- Be passionate about working with and helping people; innovative health care; and a dynamic, work environment
- Detail oriented, organized and values accuracy
- Available to work hours falling between 6:15am – 7:30pm Monday - Thursday
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with donors and clinicians
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word and Excel
- Ability to sit for up to 2 hours at a time
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs or more
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly over telephone and in person
To apply, please go to www.openbiome.org/jobs, then follow the link for Donor Assistant to submit your cover letter and resume. Promising candidates will be contacted to further evaluate their fit for this role and our organization.
OpenBiome is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.