Accelerate your career by joining Okta as a member of our rock star Legal Operations team. As Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for managing Oktas agreements in a high volume, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with Legal and Sales as well as other key business units to shepherd agreements through the negotiation process from initiation to execution.
The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to both secure and manage their extended enterprise and transform their customers experiences. Okta is a high growth publicly traded tech company that provides products enabling companies to use any technology anywhere. Oktas customers are some of the biggest names across every vertical. Some of its thousands of current customers include Adobe, Allergan, Nasdaq, LinkedIn, 20th Century Fox, Jet Blue and Nordstrom who trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
This position will be based in Oktas Washington, D.C. offices. Okta has all of the great perks you would expect from a tech company like fully stocked kitchens, competitive salary, catered lunches, equity incentives, and flexible time off. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then Okta is the place for you!
A successful candidate will have a proven track record using a Contracts Management System (CMS) and working with internal and external stakeholders to appropriately generate and route agreements, support negotiations, support execution of agreements and store and track key terms of executed agreements. The Contract Manager will also assist the Legal Operations team with other projects as needed.
* Serve as the liaison between the Commercial Legal team and Sales team and other business units to intake agreements
* Manage the contract lifecycle through the negotiations process for Master Subscription Agreements, Partner Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, and various other agreements
* Responsible for ensuring that agreements submitted to the CMS are assigned to the attorneys in their designated regional territories
* Provide leadership and work collaboratively with Sales Account Executives and other identified stakeholders in support of the worldwide Legal and Sales teams use of the CMS
* Review, analyze and draw appropriate conclusions from contractual terms and data regarding those terms
* Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision independently as well as in a team environment
* Ability to evaluate non-standard requests and determine where they fit in an existing process and develop a vision to create a process for resolving such non-standard requests
* Contribute to legal processes regarding standard form agreements that scale globally
* Work with and train Sales team members on the use of the Contracts Management System
* Establish, maintain and support processes to ensure compliance with internal policies
* Manage and update the CMS and ensure all contracts are integrated into the CMS
* Undergraduate degree
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* 3+ years of contract management and administration experience
* Ability to manage a high volume of inbound and outbound sales and related agreements
* Pleasant, responsive, and service-oriented attitude
* Strong analytical skills and attention to details
* Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders
* Strong understanding of contracts and contractual terms
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Ability to handle high stress situations in a professional, business-like manner
* Entirely credible and trustworthy
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
* Experience using the Apttus Contracts Management System a plus
* Experience with using Salesforce a plus