Chief of Staff at OpenBiome
Chief of Staff
OpenBiome is the world's first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 45,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30+ clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with our executive team and across the organization to take on discrete high-impact projects. These will likely have a heavy focus data management, communications (intra-organizational and external), and project management. The ideal candidate will have proven track record in a management role (preferred), with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. This is a Full Time Regular Position.
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drive strategic project management, building and managing processes & tools for major deliverables that require significant cross-functional coordination
- Lead preparation and content for major team, board and external meetings, including deck & agenda development, analysis, correspondence, and event planning
- Work Closely with Executive Director and other members of Senior Leadership on organizational communications and provide executive administration support
- Triage and operationalize organizational priorities by helping leadership team convert a vision into action.
- Support leadership team to help optimize functions, identify system gaps, drive best practices for communication, meeting management, and decision making and helping troubleshoot organizational issues that rise to the executive team level.
- Serve as go-to person for arising projects that require additional bandwidth, project management and coordination.
- 2-3 years’ experience in organizational/ business operations, executive assistance, or related
- Comfortable assuming leadership role/ collaborating at all levels
- Proven ability to work backward from a major goal to coordinate the questions that need to be answered, assign owners, activities, and timelines, and QC data and analysis
- Demonstrated experience building functional models to analyze data for complex decision-making
- Proven ability to deliver against multiple competing deadlines with dedicated attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing and changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Intrinsic motivation to improve public health outcomes
- Hands-on willingness to dive in and get things done; leads by example
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time as well as often required to walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls (keyboard); reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee is often required to use a telephone at his/her desk. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work environment: The noise level in the office is low.
OpenBiome is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.