Business Operations & Analytics Senior Lead, IDEO U
- San Francisco, CA
- February 9, 2021
- Save for later
NOTE: This role will begin remotely through at least July 2021. However, we seek to bring on an individual who will be present, on-site in San Francisco long-term.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS & ANALYTICS SENIOR LEAD, IDEO U
IDEO U is an online school that equips learners with skills, mindsets, and tools to help them stay relevant and adaptive in our modern world.
We're part of IDEO, an award-winning global design firm that takes a human-centered, design-based approach to help organizations innovate and grow. IDEO U was created to teach the methods we have practiced for decades and to help individuals, teams, and organizations across the globe become more resilient, creative, and innovative.
We are looking to hire a BUSINESS OPERATIONS & ANALYTICS SENIOR LEAD to lead the teams strategic, analytical and operational projects to drive growth and help our business scale. Your responsibilities will be centered around helping choreograph IDEO Us overall prioritization and goal setting processes including org level reporting and target setting, cross team roadmapping, quarterly OKR setting and our annual strategic planning process. We are a young venture and you will be helping to both execute against current systems as well as gathering inputs around what is working and not working to help us design for future evolutions. You will also help us set up and evolve operational tools and systems, policies and our analytics program to support org wide strategic transitions and new stages of growth as well as lead high priority strategic projects.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
As the Business Operations & Analytics Senior Lead for IDEO U, youll play a key role in building out IDEO Us analytical and operational capabilities. You will also have the opportunity to work on one of IDEOs new ventures and be a key business partner/advisor to the IDEO U leadership team.
ONCE HERE YOU WILL FOCUS ON
Youll Use Your Cumulative 7+ Years Work Experience In Leadership And Strategy, Growth, Operations Or Analytics To:
* Drive analytics, KPIs, OKRs and strategic planning for IDEO U and cross-functional teams as well as be a thought leader & collaborator in the evolution of these systems
* Lead the small, but mighty analytics team
* Own high priority projects from the scoping to execution phase
* Enable IDEO U to be data-driven by managing and conducting research to better our data systems and processes
* Develop operational processes and fill operational gaps
* Enhance existing analytics models, create additional metrics, and/or reports based on evolving business needs
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND MINDSET
We are looking for someone who is a highly analytical and data-driven leader, who can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business. You know how to think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results. The Business Operations & Analytics Senior Lead has the ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job, while being resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done. You love working in teams, in a fast-paced environment with constant change, enjoy taking on a lot of responsibility and have excellent communication skills.
* 7+ years of relevant experience in strategy, growth, operations or analytics
* 2+ years of leadership or people management experience
* Ability to flex between technical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
* Ability to present complex data analysis, insights, and recommendations to senior leadership
* Experience in an OKR centered organization and with roadmapping, reporting and strategic planning processes
* Experience building and iterating financial and growth models for new stages of growth
* Experience with expense management and helping teams set, manage and track against P&L targets
* Project management skills across the entire project management lifecycle from conception to completion
* Proven ability to think quickly on your feet, adapt to a highly variable environment, change scope and focus with ease.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
* Advanced data analysis skills e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, data mining and experience with at least one SQL dialect
* Experience with eCommerce business models
* Experience with growth and marketing focused special projects, e.g. segmentation, pricing analysis, international expansion strategies
* Interest in design thinking and the online education field
Please submit both a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please briefly convey why this role is the right next step for you to take in your career. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis in February and March.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At IDEO, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and in the world. Our purpose of having disproportionate, world-changing impact through design is directly connected to our ability to bring many different perspectives to the table. This applies to our candidates, the people we hire, the clients and customers we serve, and the communities we learn from in our research.
As a human-centered organization, we are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Apply now
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.