- University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
- San Bernardino, CA
- August 29, 2019
- Save for later
Verizon Minority Program
Employment Status: Temporary, non-benefited, non-exempt position through June 30, 2020 (position may be renewed annually based upon available funding, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour.
Work Schedule: 8 to 10 hours per week. Flexible Schedule, can work within the applicant’s schedule.
Under the general supervision of the Verizon Innovative Learning project directors, the incumbent will perform general secretarial/clerical duties for the Verizon Innovative Learning project. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- maintain electronic and physical files,
- assist with conference/event planning and execution,
- edit documents,
- assist in the preparation of reimbursements and university forms,
- prepare independent contractor stipend paperwork,
- prepare requisition forms for purchase,
- create printing jobs,
- write/mail letters,
- create expense reports with accompanying spreadsheets,
- schedule and set up conference calls and meetings,
- attend conference calls/meetings and record minutes to be sent to participants,
- create online surveys/polls,
- Incumbent will perform all other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree is preferred) and minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- Applicant must have highly effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Applicant must be able to perform job duties with minimal direction.
- Applicant must be able to think creatively to resolve issues.
- Applicant must possess thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices as well as working knowledge of standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to navigate the internet, handle confidential and sensitive information, and have experience in operating a duplicating machine, fax machine, and scanner.
- Applicant must have the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, exercise sound judgment, determine priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Experience in a college or university office setting preferred.
- Financial work experiences preferred.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants fluent in Spanish.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets.
- The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation, including a criminal history check prior to appointment.
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.