A/R Collections Specialist
- Hamamatsu Corporation
- Bridgewater, NJ
- February 5, 2021
- Save for later
JOB ID: AR02052021
Hamamatsu, one of the world's largest suppliers of advanced light detectors and detector systems for industrial, scientific, and commercial applications, is seeking to fill an A/R Collections specialist position, in our Bridgewater, NJ location. Our customer base is remarkably diverse; we serve Fortune 100 firms, top research labs, and innovative startups as well. Hamamatsus mission is to improve the welfare of society through the advancement of photonics technology. This position requires working with, or exposure to goods and information that may be subject to the jurisdiction of the US State Department ITAR regulations and the Commerce Departments CCL.
It is the policy of Hamamatsu Corporation not to sponsor immigration visas for employment applicants.
* Collections - End result of the job is to keep customers' accounts current. This is accomplished by phone calls, emails, communication with CS and SE's. These results can be measured by running an A/R aging report.
* Problem-solving end result is that non-payment issues are resolved. These issues may be in the form of communication directly with the customer, and contacting CS or SE's. This can be measured in the volume of orders on hold or released.
* Account/Financial Analysis - Via Excel spreadsheets recording data and data analysis of pertinent financial areas such as:
* Bad debt write-offs and reserve for doubtful accounts
* Bankruptcy documentation
* Customers sent to attorney for collection
* Large account billing/payment activity analysis
* This record keeping/financial documentation is pertinent information for our internal customers, as well as our outside financial and SOX auditors.
* Responsible for administering the accounting credit card process to insure the utmost security for our customers when paying by credit card. Preparation of required credit card reports for signature to comply with SOX key control requirements.
* Releasing of orders, coding and back-up for A/R deposit- identify prepayment orders, assemble date and prepare Proforma invoices for prepayment. The end result of this is the deposit to our banks, inputting of payments received to customer accounts and the release to shipping department for orders on hold.
* Adjusting credit limits and terms - Recommend and revise credit limits for new/existing customer accounts. Releasing of sales order shipments to customers requiring on the spot credit review. Provide W9 forms to customers per request. Provide companys credit references for our customers requirements. Complete new supplier forms.
* Correspondence - Send correspondence to customers including collection letters, warnings letters, terms being changed from net 30 days to credit card or prepay and any other necessary documents regarding non-payment.
* Special projects as assigned.
* High School Diploma - GED
* 2 years collection/accounting related customer relations experience.
* Excel, Word - intermediate level skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to negotiate
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Analytical skills
* Microsoft D365 experience
* 2 years general accounting experience
Hamamatsu offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package for full-time employees which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Personal Time, Long Term Care Insurance and Retirement Plans. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin.
SUBMIT A RESUME
Send your cover letter & resume to ONE of the contacts below:
Hamamatsu, ATTN: HR.
360 Foothill Rd.
Bridgewater, NJ 08807